If cats and dogs are being moved to a new country, they must go through different legal processes than human passengers because those animals need to be checked to see if they are safe to move to a new place these checking can ensure the safety and security of the religion.
- First, the pet owner needs to know about the rabies rate in the country where they live. There are four categories. Countries free from rabies, countries with low risk of rabies, countries with a low incidence of rabies, and countries that do not fall under these three categories
- The second step is to determine if a cat or dog is allowed to enter Singapore. Only 1st–4th generation Bengal and Sabana cats are allowed in Singapore.
- The third step is getting the dog and cat vaccinated for rabies. Except for the other three categories, they should have received their recent rabies vaccination and had the records before arriving in Singapore.
- The fourth step is to get general vaccinations for cats and dogs. After vaccination, the pet’s microchip number must be registered in the record. Cats and dogs can spread several other diseases that need to be prevented.
- The fifth step is to make an arrangement in the quarantine centers for the cats and dogs from category C and D countries or regions. If they come from category C, they may be quarantined for ten days or 30 days.
- The sixth step is to get a license if the pet owner is importing a dog from another country. The categories are divided between the dogs’ age and the license duration. Without a proper license, it can be a legal issue for the pet owner to hold a pet under their name.
- The seventh step is to book an inspection for the arriving cats and dogs. It is essential; otherwise, the pet owner can be charged S$80. After arrival in Singapore, they will go straight away for the inspection.
- The 8th step is to get a parasite treatment. The pet holder needs to check if the pets are safe and get a medical report from the veterinarian. They can get the health certificate after checking whether their dogs or cats are carrying any contagious diseases.
- The final step is to show the import license while checking into the airport. They must arrange the import license before that; otherwise, carrying their pets can be a complication. For more information, contact Shiloh Animal Express.
All the steps are essential for bringing pets to Singapore. These steps can prevent any obligation and create a safe space for the pet and holder. It is also necessary to see if the pet can adjust to the environment.
Appropriate input licensing between your health certificate and vaccination can lower the risk of living in a new country. Now that you know what needs to be done, get started right away. It is time to get your pet home.