The Royal Kingdom of Thailand has long been a tourist favourite, with more than 30 million people visiting pre-covid in 2018, yet there is a special group of people that are lucky enough to be able to live anywhere; enter the digital nomad, or the online worker, as they are sometimes called. You might be a freelance professional, or an e-commerce store owner, whatever your business, if you work online, here are a few good reasons to relocate to sunny Thailand.
- Warm climate – One of the best reasons to register with executive search and recruitment in Bangkok Thailand has to be the tropical climate, which is ideal for those digital nomads that like to escape the cold European winters. Temperatures rarely fall below 20°C, so it is always comfortable, which is why many western remote workers choose Thailand from September to March.
- Low cost of living – You won’t find many cheaper places than Thailand, which is one of the main reasons why digital nomads spend time in the Land of Smiles. It is possible to save money, while still enjoying a luxury lifestyle, which is a very attractive scenario for any digital nomad; when compared to Europe and the US, the cost of living in Thailand is low. Most westerners are pleasantly surprised when they see the cost of renting a condo and when you do your first supermarket shop, you’ll be amazed. Click here for information on the current job market.
- Great Internet – Of course, high on the priority list for a digital nomad, web connectivity in Thailand is fast, reliable and affordable. Most nomads have an unlimited data sim card in their smartphone, which enables them to hotspot their laptop, ready for work. For $40 per month, you have unlimited data connectivity from any location in Thailand. There are a few ISPs in Thailand; AIS, DTAC, True Corporation and 3B, each have a range of packages to suit all budgets.
- Best food in the world – Thai food is up there with the best in the world and it is so cheap; you simply must try to diverse range of street food which is everywhere in Thailand. Seafood restaurants are on every corner in the city and if you’re going to stay for a while, you can enrol in a Thai cooking course.
- Bangkok – If you are a city person, you’ll quickly fall in love with the City of Angels, there is so much to see and do; getting around is cheap and Bangkok is the safest city, which is important for solo nomads. When you want to get away from the urban lifestyle, you are only a few hours away from a tropical beach paradise.
As you can see, there are many compelling reasons to relocate to sunny Thailand and if you have yet to experience the land of smiles, book a holiday and see what you are missing.