The Paradise Diaries is set in a fictional Meditteranean island country called Caberra. As you might guess from the series title Paradise Diaries, life in Caberra is pretty idyllic. But no place is perfect and life in paradise just might bring problems all of its own.
Dante’s Girl: Book ONE of The Paradise Diaries
I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London.
Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.
And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?
But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.
My heart just might be crazy.
Signed print copy: Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
To read interviews with the characters from Dante’s Girl, look here:
* * *
Mia’s Heart: Book Two of The Paradise Diaries:
Courtney is currently hard at work on book two. It follows Mia and Quinn. The release date is anticipated to be late Fall 2012.
* * *
The Paradise Diaries, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Who designed the covers?
Dani Snell from Refracted Light Photography. And they rock.
How did you come up with the idea for this series?
Well, I was born and raised in Kansas, so that’s why I made Reece a Kansas girl. And for a good chunk of my adult life, I worked in corporate America in an International Marketing department. I have a fascination with other cultures now since I’ve worked with so many interesting people around the world. I completely made up the island nation of Caberra so that it can be exactly how I want it to be.