So, if you follow me on social media, you know that I love Disney. My family and I go there often, and in fact, my husband and I even go there for dates. We’re large children at heart, apparently.
Since we live in Central Florida now, we have annual passes– which means that I’m very experienced at some tricks for making your visit more enjoyable. I thought I’d share!
- Make sure you have the Disney App. It allows you to make fast passes, dining reservations, check wait times, etc.
- Make fast passes on your app or computer. You get to make three at a time, and when you’ve ridden all three attractions, you can make new fast passes at a kiosk. It’s more convenient to get a magic band, rather than using your plastic card ticket.
3. Look for the “hidden mickeys”. They are hidden in various places throughout the park– in the form of paint rings, sculptures, rock art, etc.
4. Make Fastpasses for rides like The Mine Train, and Peter Pan (Magic Kingdom), and Soarin’ (Epcot) as far in advance as you can. They sell out fast, and the stand-by lines reach 80 minutes regularly.
5. If it’s your birthday, stop by guest relations and get a birthday button. Cast members will be wishing you a Happy Birthday all day long– which makes your day even more special.
6. If you’re a woman, and don’t absolutely need to take your purse in, don’t. Then you can skip the bag check lines at the gate.
7. The best place to see tons of princess is the Breakfast buffet in Norway. Plus you get yummy food for Breakfast!
8. I personally think the best times to go to D-World (in terms of lighter crowds) are September, November and February. Christmas, Spring Break and Summer are crazy busy.
9. It’s ALWAYS least busy at night. We like to make fast-passes for the evening, and arrive at 6:00-ish and stay til 11:00-ish. If you’re a fireworks fan, they put on the best show– every night.
10. Ride lines are shorter during parades. So if you’re not the biggest parade fan (we’re not), then skip the parade and hop on rides.
11. At Epcot, ride the Spaceship Earth in the afternoon or evening. Since it’s right inside the gate, many people will get in line as they go in, and stand there for a long time. So skip that one and ride it on your way out- or make a fast-pass.
12. There’s an entrance to Animal Kingdom through Rain Forest Cafe. So if lines are really long, cut through the restaurant.
13. Best places to eat at Animal Kingdom: Tusker House, and The Yak and the Yeti. Both places are fairly expensive, but delicious.
14. The Beast’s castle in Magic Kingdom is awesome– and it contains the Be Our Guest restaurant. You need reservations for dinner (and make these months ahead of time), but you can usually walk in for lunchtime. Make sure you get the Gray Stuff (Master’s cupcake) for dessert. It’s delicious!
15. Don’t overlook riding the People Mover in Tomorrowland. It’s a great way to rest your feet, cool off, and see attractions. We ride it every time.
16. One of my favorite roller-coasters ever is the Rock n’ Rollercoaster in Hollywood Studios. Try to make a funny face during the take-off, that’s when they snap the picture. It accelerates so fast, that I can never manage to keep my eyes open during the beginning.
17. If you go during winter months, truly– pack a jacket. You think that Florida never gets chilly, but it does at night, and especially if it rains. Pack a small umbrella, too.
18. Wear comfortable shoes, and take a ponytail holder. I know it’s tempting to want to look cute– you’re on vacation, I get it. But trust me, it’s humid here. You might spend an hour curling or straightening your hair, but the humidity is going to spoil it within an hour. Wear a ponytail or mom-bun. And skip the fancy sandals. Wear tennis shoes. Thank me later.
19. Don’t skip the Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom. The presidents are so lifelike. It’s a great ride to go on when it rains.
20. When you ride Thunder Mountain– if you like to go faster, sit toward the back. If you like to go slower, sit at the front. You can request that of the person placing you in line.
Most of all, keep hydrated and have fun. It’s going to be busy, it’s going to be crowded. But it IS the happiest place on earth.