So, I’ve been hard at work for months now on my newest book, Dante’s Girl. I know. I’ve gotten so many emails asking for the third book in the Moonstone Saga. BUT, this isn’t it. I had an itch to write a romantic YA contemporary. And I think I kind of nailed it. But I might be partial. So I’ll have to wait and let you guys tell me if I nailed it.
Reece Ellis is a witty, funny seventeen-year old farm girl from Kansas. (Because that’s where I’m from. My little tribute to my homeland….) and Dante Giliberti is the beautiful son of a Prime Minister. They don’t exactly match. But their hearts don’t know that. Check out the awesome and amazing cover:
I love, LOVE that cover. Love. And here’s the blurb:
I have spent every summer since I was ten years old with my father in London. Every summer, since I was ten years old, has been uneventful and boring.
Until this year.
And this year, after a freak volcanic eruption strands me far from home, I have learned these things:
1. I can make do with one outfit for three days before I buy new clothes.
2. If I hear the phrase, “You’re not in Kansas anymore, Toto,” even one more time, I might become a homicidal maniac.
3. I am horribly and embarrassingly allergic to jellyfish.
4. I am in love with Dante Giliberti, who just happens to be the beautiful, sophisticated son of the Prime Minister of a Mediterranean paradise.
5. See number four above. Because it brings with it a whole slew of problems and I’ve learned something from every one of them.
Let’s start with the fact that Dante’s world is five light-years away from mine. He goes to black-tie functions and knows the Prime Minister of England on a first name basis. I was born and raised on a farm in Kansas and wear cut-off jeans paired with cowboy boots. See the difference?
But hearts don’t care about differences. Hearts want what they want. And mine just wants to be Dante’s girl.
My heart just might be crazy.
* * *
You can mark Dante’s Girl as to-read on Goodreads here.
It will be available sometime soon- either at the end of this month or in the beginning of July. I will keep you posted on the release date. I really, really hope you like Dante’s Girl. In my opinion, it’s a great romantic summer read. I liked writing about these characters so much that I’ve turned them into a series, The Paradise Diaries.
And for those of you asking, the third book in the Moonstone Saga, Princess of the Night, is slated for a late summer/early fall release.