Today’s topic for the YA Indie Carnival is “11 Reasons Why”… so I chose do list why I’m thankful. It seems fitting for the season.
I’m thankful for so many, many things. I was actually just thinking about this yesterday. While I was pumping gas, an elderly woman came up and asked me for money… in itself, I wouldn’t have thought too terribly much about it. But that was the FIFTH time this week that someone asked me for money. It made me start thinking about how blessed I really am. So, here goes….11 Reason Why I’m Thankful.
1. I’m thankful for my family. My beautiful husband, my wonderful, ornery kids. I know that there are people out there still searching for their ‘significant other’ so that they can start their lives and build a wonderful family. I’m thankful that I already have that. I don’t tell them enough- so I should start doing that today.
2. I’m thankful that I can write. I’m thankful that I can write and get paid for it– and that people actually like my work. There are some days when I am writing that I literally can’t believe how lucky I am.
3. I’m thankful for my fans. I cannot tell you how many days there have been when a great review has made my entire day! You guys are all amazing and I’m so thankful for each and every one of you.
4. I’m thankful for my friends. Girlfriends fill a place in your life that nothing else can really fill… there are some things that no one understands like your girls. So, Amber Gumble, Jamie Talboom, Teri Ottinger, Fisher Amelie, Michelle Leighton, Tiffany King– Thank you for being amazing.
5. I’m thankful that I was born here… in America. Sounds corny, I know, but there’s no place I would rather be- even with our huge national debt and broken political system. We have rights, we have freedoms, we have opportunity. I’m thankful to all of the veterans who fought to keep it that way. Thank you.
Okay. So there were five big things that I’m thankful for— now here are some smaller things that I’m thankful for….
6. Cashmere socks
7. Kona coffee
8. Clean crisp sheets at the end of a long day
9. Great books to read
10. My fireplace on a cold day
11. My pets- because they love me no matter what.
Those are just some of the many, many things I’m thankful for. I think I’ve shared this before, but I love, LOVE this website: Just Little Things It lists all kinds of little things that are wonderful and that we are blessed to have.
Anyway, I hope everyone is having a great week and ramping up to have a fabulous Thanksgiving. Check out some of my colleagues today to find out what their “11 Reasons Why” are.