Oh. My. Gosh. I have to tell you– one of the biggest perks of being a writer is having writer friends. Annnnddd reading their awesome writing. I am SO LUCKY because I was able to read an advanced copy of Blood Like Poison: Destined for a Vampire… the long awaited sequel to Blood Like Poison: For the Love of a Vampire by M. Leighton.
Three words. So. Freaking. Awesome. I literally couldn’t put it down! I stayed up way past my bedtime reading it. All the way through, I was texting Ms. Leighton, saying things like.. OMG- you didn’t or OMG- PLEASE don’t kill off ____. But when I had turned the last page, I was one satisfied little reader. And I know you will be too. The book will be released on Friday, June 3 and will be available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble and Smashwords. Trust me, you will want to buy a copy. But just in case you need some reasons, I’m going to give you a few.
1. You will love Bo even more in this book than you did in the first one. Seriously. A sizzling hot, super sweet, oh-so-sexy vampire. What’s not to love? I’m in love with him and I’m not afraid to admit it.
2. Ridley is one kick-a$& independent main character. She isn’t afraid of anything. And I love that about her. Yay Girl Power!
3. My fave character, Savanna, takes a larger role in this book. She’s super funny, super sweet and you will adore her. Or you will answer to me. Kidding. But I think you will love her.
4. Ms. Leighton is the Queen of Twists. This book is no exception. There is a surprise waiting for you. And you will like it. Well, I guess I shouldn’t make assumptions. Let me rephrase. Unless you are some kind of strange, you will like it.
5. And lastly, you will love it because it is awesome topped with awesomesauce. Period. If you loved Blood Like Poison: For the Love of a Vampire (and who didn’t??) then I know you will love LOVE this sequel. Can you tell that I love it? I’ve been told that I hide my feelings too much. (Not. My family only wishes that were true).
I wish I could give you specifics, but I don’t want to ruin it for you. But wait- I can give you a short synopsis in M. Leighton’s own words:
“Ridley Heller thought that all her problems would be over if she could have Bo back—back from the dead. But what Ridley didn’t know was that her wish would come at a price.
Bo survived a condition that would have killed a lesser vampire, or any vampire for that matter. The only reason he didn’t die is because of who he is, someone Ridley doesn’t know at all. Someone Bo himself doesn’t know at all.
As Ridley gets closer to finding out Bo’s true identity, she discovers that loving him could also come at a price, a price much higher than she ever could have imagined. The question is: is there any such thing as a price too high to pay for Bo? For his love, for his safety, for eternity in his arms?”
Ooh- and you know what else I can give you? An excerpt:
”I was skirting the writhing mob of dancers when I felt a familiar tug in my belly.
I stopped in my tracks and looked around. Immediately, my heart sped up, banging like a drum, keeping time with the erratic expansion of my lungs as I grew more and more breathless.
I searched the faces for the one that occupied far too many of my thoughts, but I didn’t see him. I could’ve almost convinced myself that I’d been mistaken, but the magnetism that I felt intensified with every breath, assuring me that it was no mistake. Those invisible strings were pulling me, no dragging me into the middle of the crowd, where bodies were crushed together so tightly they moved as if they were one.
Weaving my way through perfumed and cologned figures, I felt like I was getting lost in the fray when I saw a tall, darkly cloaked figure watching me through a break in the mob.
He was dressed as Dracula. His robe was ebony satin with a blood red lining and the hood that covered his head shadowed all but his mouth.
My breath hitched in my throat and burned in my lungs. My pulse thumped wildly and my skin tingled in response to a presence that I couldn’t forget. It was Bo. Beneath the hood that concealed most of his face and the cloak that concealed most of his body, I knew it was him. I’d know him anywhere. I’d love him always.”
Yikes. OMG Amazing, right?? But there is one more, teeny-tiny little thing I can give you.
How about the ACTUAL BOOK ITSELF? And maybe, oh, I don’t know… the first book, too!!! Yes, that’s right. Having writer friends comes with perks. Ms. Leighton has given me permission to give away the two e-books as a pair. OMG. Have I mentioned that Blood Like Poison: For the Love of a Vampire is currently number 5 on Amazon’s Kindle Bestseller’s list? Yeah. She’s just that awesome.
You have until 10:00 a.m. on Friday, June 3rd to email me at courtneycolewrites (at) gmail.com to enter. I will do a random drawing and the winner will receive a personal email from M.LEIGHTON HERSELF. Squeal! You really should just enter now. So, until Friday, my friends, read on, write on and don’t do anything that I wouldn’t do. And yes, I realize that that doesn’t limit you much. But that’s sort of the point. Have a great week!!